Saturday, March 31, 2018
9am – 5pm
If you’ve taken this class before with Laura West and wish to re-sit, a discount is available upon registration.
Shoden | Japanese Reiki Level One Class
This is the foundation class for all experiences with Reiki, no matter how many levels you continue to learn. Shoden means first teachings or beginner teachings and introduces you to traditional Japanese Reiki meditation techniques and practice. Upon completion of this one day class, you will be able to practice Reiki on yourself, loved ones and friends. This class is taught from an authentic Reiki perspective dating back to the 1920’s and 30’s, the years of Reiki’s origins. It includes a Buddhist perspective. It is also free from Western influence and New Age thought.
In this Japanese Reiki level one class you will learn:
- The philosophy and history of Reiki from a Japanese perspective
- How to give yourself and others a complete Reiki treatment using hand positions and intuition
- Japanese Reiki Shoden glossary terminology
- Overview of the Five Elements of the system of Reiki
- Hands on practice of specific Japanese meditation techniques
- You will experience reiju (attunement) so that you can begin practicing Reiki on yourself during class with understanding and clarity
You will be given course texts and will have homework after the class is complete
Tips for a Productive Class
- Dress comfortably as this class consists of a mixture of lecture format and hands on practice on the Reiki tables. Wearing layers is recommended as temperatures fluctuate in the building as well as increased exposure to the Reiki.
- You may bring a lunch (stored in your own lunchbox) or go out in the neighborhood. Within walking distance is an organic grocery store with a salad / sandwich / soup bar as well as several coffee shops and small lunch venues.
- Bring a covered water bottle (to prevent spills). Cambridge Health Associates has a filtered water / tea station you may use throughout class.
- Bring a note taking device and something to write with
First Time Class Participants
Please read our policies in full HERE before you attend your first class.
Please fill out the required digital First Time Client Intake form HERE before your first session or class. This will ensure your spot is reserved.
About Your Reiki Level One Class Teacher
Laura West, Master of Education & Reiki Master Teacher. I’ve been teaching in the general field of education since 1999 and teaching Reiki classes specifically since 2009. I’ve trained with Master Teacher Joan Ruggiero in the Western lineage, Sensei Arjava Petter in the Jikiden Reiki lineage and Master Teacher Frans Stiene of Japanese style International House of Reiki. You can read more specifics about me on my bio page.
Council of Light channeled messages, Reiki tips and wisdom (and more!) –
all delivered to your inbox, plus other subscriber-only resources you can’t get anywhere else.